Improving Outcomes for Looked After Children Conference
Lisa and Martyn from our Looked After Call Team attended the Capita ‘Improving Outcomes for Looked After Children’ conference on the 30th January.
With the rising number and the increasing cost of children in or returning to care, our National Improving Outcomes for Looked After Children Conference is aptly timed to examine the provision of cost effective, high quality support services which meet the needs of every child in our care system.
This practice led event provides frontline practitioners with the toolkit to deliver a care pathway that ensures unhindered access to equal opportunities and promotes positive education, health and wellbeing outcomes for children in care.
Bringing together representatives from local government, education, health and the voluntary sector, key topics include:
• Eliminating delays in the adoption process and increasing confidence in fostering up to the age of 21
• Delivering outstanding residential care and managing the transition to independent living
• Removing the educational attainment gap and increasing access to further education, employment and training opportunities for Looked After Children (LAC) with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
• Implementing high quality permanency plans which reduce the number of children returning to care
• Building resilience and self-esteem to ensure positive health outcomes
Attend to hear how you can streamline support services in cohesion with local partners to transform the lives and promote the wellbeing of the most vulnerable looked after children in your area.
The event was well attended and our presence gave the conference delegates the opportunity to see and discuss the benefits of our Looked After Call product.