Your Own Schools App: What are the Benefits to Parents?
We all lead busy lives and this is certainly true of school – age children too. Fortunately, keeping on top of everything that is going on in our lives and those closest to us has never been easier. Technology really has come to our rescue as we no longer have to rely on diaries, Filofaxes and notes from the school teacher, which often go astray on the journey home. At the Contact Group we have one such timesaving innovation, specifically designed with parents in mind. It works to help parents and guardians feel fully in control of what is happening with their child, to be up to the minute with school news and to know what tasks need to be completed so that they can carry on enjoying their time at school.
OurSchoolsApp covers it all. Just the fact that it can be accessed on your phone means that the information is at your fingertips, wherever you are. Schools can use the app to cover a lot of information which parents need to know. A schools app can be used to give parents access to so much more than just the odd update. For example, it can be used to provide access to:
- – Government education information – for example the schools Ofsted report
- – All general information held on the school’s website such as timetables, sporting events, holiday dates and pastoral information
- – Social media – what the school conveys via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook as and when they post it
- – Teacher and subject information
- – Important updates and reminders about INSET days, school closures or other emergencies
- – News about reports, school trips and exams
- – Any other online links the school wishes to direct you to
With the useful addition of push alerts, parents can collect their children from a football game, already knowing they were victorious, or leave early to collect sons or daughters because the school has let them know it is busier than usual today and traffic might be bad. Information is directed to the user and it isn’t necessary to trawl through lots of websites to find out the facts that are relevant to parents and their children.
If you would like to see a demonstration of OurSchoolsApp or if have any questions about it then please contact us here on 03333 131415 for further details.