Proud to be an Associated Member of Anti-Bullying Alliance
We’re delighted to have renewed our membership of the Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA) – a united group of organisations and individuals whose vision it is to stop bullying and create safer environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn.
- – To raise the profile of bullying and the effect it has on the lives of children and young people
- – To create a climate in which everyone agrees that bullying is unacceptable
- – To make sure that teachers, youth practitioners, parents, carers, children and young people have the skills and knowledge to address bullying effectively.
To be united against bullying, ABA has a set of values, or an alliance, that all their members sign up to:
- – believes bullying in any form is wrong and should not be tolerated, and that any environment that encourages bullying, or shows indifference to prejudice and discrimination is unacceptable;
- – believes bullying is a behaviour choice and that anyone can be encouraged to change their behaviour;
- – believes all children and young people have intrinsic value and worth and we embrace their uniqueness and autonomy;
- – respects difference and welcome diversity in our children, young people and in society in general, and believe our work should be inclusive of all;
- – believes children and young people should have the right to feel safe, secure and valued, and that creating a safe environment and dealing with bullying is our shared responsibility;
- – believes children and young people should actively participate in decisions that affect them and should be supported in taking responsibility for their choices and subsequent actions;
- – supports a range of positive strategies to deal with bullying and actively challenge the use of humiliation, fear, ridicule and other similar approaches in an effort to reduce bullying;
- – believes that people should be treated with respect and courtesy.
Contact Group is closely aligned with the aims and vision of ABA through the delivery of our TellbyText product – an anti-bullying reporting system which allows children and young people to report bullying direct to their school in a safe way. Students can text, go online or call 24/7, with the option to upload images as evidence.
Bullying happens. And it hurts. Despite many anti-bullying policies, school assemblies, PHSE lessons, leaflets, drama presentations, and a host of well-meaning interventions at a local level, the sad fact remains that bullying is still a common problem in many UK schools – no matter how much a school may try to deflect or brush issues under the carpet.
There have been some tragic and heartbreaking bullying-related cases in the news. With schools being legally obliged to tackle bullying, TellbyText helps schools protect not only themselves, but more importantly, their students from incidences of bullying which have tragic consequences.